Sunday, June 19, 2011

Slam Slam Slam By Electric Chair 3000 Now On Japan 3 Compilation

Way back in 2001, I composed a song called "Slam Slam Slam" for my group called Teflon.  Teflon was an experimental project where I tried to combined funk and electronica into some sort of workable combo.  The first Telfon CD was called "Turn That Shit Off Now!!!" which is what I would suspect someone to say if they heard it blasting out of radio, mp3 player or car.

Not one to be settled, I tried to mix and mash as many different styles of music into a solid whole.  Truth be told, I get bored with one sound or style if it is played over and over.  I can listen to 80's pop, hip hop, heavy metal and 70's funk in one setting.  This doesn't make me special, I just want to let readers know where I'm coming from musically.

Back to "Slam Slam Slam."  The song is now featured on a second Rosenklang compilation. The first one is called A Collection of Asian Pop.  The song is also featured on the new compilation called Japan 3.

Both versions are 89 cents. So help a brother out and go buy one or both if you're really feeling charitable.  

Once again, the group is credited as The Electric Chair.  Why? Because at one time it was called The Electric Chair.  After thinking it over, I decided to change the name to Electric Chair 3000. Why? Because there are several other bands called The Electric Chair.

Rosenklang Records commissioned this song from my music publisher before the name change.

Thanks for reading. Go write some great songs.
Anthony Lloyd
Electric Chair 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment